Router Protocol, an infrastructure layer enabling communication between blockchains, right now introduced it has added Optimism and Arbitrum to its platform.
The neighborhood can now switch funds and swap property throughout networks with the most important TVL in cross-chain bridges (Fantom, Polygon, Avalanche C-chain, and Arbutrum), along with Ethereum, Optimism, and Binance Good Chain.
These new integrations provide customers entry to enhanced interoperability options resembling:
- Any token to any token swap throughout chains – most present options solely helps transfers. Router Protocol helps any crypto token swap on the community.
- Assist for arbitrary tokens – most cross-chain platforms are permissioned the place solely listed property could be traded. Router Protocol permits arbitrary token swaps by aggregating liquidity throughout all the key DEXes on any given chain.
- Mesh Community – as an alternative of constructing 1:1 bridges that require devoted hyperlinks between chains, Router is constructing a many-to-many mesh community that permits seamless information stream between varied chains. Any chain could be added with a couple of traces of configuration.
- Settlement assure – Router Protocol ensures no blocking for consumer funds and ensures settlements of all transactions by offering customers equal quantities of USDC or RUSDC (which could be redeemed 1:1 for USDC).
“As two of the most well-liked L2 options on Ethereum, this integration marks vital progress in our mission to attach all L1 and L2 chains. We’re proud to ship a seamless and safe cross-chain expertise to those communities.”
– Ramani Ramachandran, Co-Founder & CEO of Router Protocol
Safety is a vital focus for Router Protocol, having taken a number of measures to safe its community. Along with a bug bounty program with the safety platform Immunefi, the mission has accomplished safety audits from Certik and Halborn and is at the moment present process a 3rd audit from Hacken.
Furthermore, the Router staff has a number of safety features constructed into its community together with:
- A modular sensible contract structure – denotes totally different contracts for features like liquidity, charges, voting, and many others. to separate out features towards monolith constructions which is usually adopted.
- On-chain validation – the validation is achieved on-chain, which is safer than protocols utilizing off-chain consensus.
- An Remoted execution module – transactions are executed on a stateless execution pallet that may keep away from direct interplay with the bridge reserves. Retaining the reserves remoted from the execution surroundings prevents malicious entities from accessing the reserve funds.
- A devoted proxy structure – Router Protocol retains the choice to replace the contract in case of any contract vulnerability/bug.
In different developments, the Router Protocol staff not too long ago introduced a governance proposal inviting the neighborhood to determine which two EVM chains to combine subsequent. The governance occasion is a vital step within the path of transitioning Router Protocol right into a community-governed mission.