TikTok isn’t only for jigging Gen Zers or prank-loving comedians. Whereas it won’t be as stiff and severe as among the different social media platforms, you need to use TikTok for what you are promoting to see unbelievable outcomes—you simply have to understand how.
Get your TikTok enterprise technique proper, and also you’ll come off as a stylish in-the-know model. Get it unsuitable, and also you may simply grow to be the dad and mom your children didn’t wish to introduce to their mates.
Fortuitously, studying to make use of TikTok for what you are promoting isn’t rocket science—nor does it require a social media diploma or certification. This information will present you all the pieces it is advisable know to make a TikTok account and begin utilizing it to develop what you are promoting.
First, what’s TikTok?
What Is TikTok?
TikTok is a fast-growing social media platform for creating, watching, and sharing brief movies. It differs from Instagram in that customers can solely share movies, and it varies from YouTube in that the clips are typically brief (15-60 seconds lengthy).
Whereas yow will discover content material on nearly any matter on TikTok, the hottest movies fall into a number of frivolous classes:
That’s fairly completely different from LinkedIn’s hottest content material, which revolves round innovation, administration, human sources, and digital advertising. But, no matter your model’s voice or business, there’s nonetheless a spot for you on TikTok.
TikTok has grow to be a refuge for youthful generations. Not like with Fb, most grandparents haven’t jumped on it but, leaving TikTok for the youthful generations to take pleasure in (for now). It’s not the place customers go to compensate for the information or buy groceries (although they nonetheless do)—TikTokers go to the platform to smile, snicker, and have a jolly couple of minutes earlier than getting again to life.
Why Use TikTok for Your Enterprise?
You’ve got so much in your plate already. Is TikTok definitely worth the added time funding?
That’s as much as you to determine.
Listed here are a number of advantages to bear in mind:
- Develop Engagement: TikTok has extra engagement than some other social media platform. Customers spend a mean of 11 minutes per session on TikTok, whereas they solely spend 5 minutes on Pinterest and fewer than 3 minutes on Instagram. If you wish to join along with your viewers for longer than a number of seconds, TikTok is a wonderful place to do it.
- Drive Gross sales: Customers don’t go to TikTok to buy, nevertheless it finally ends up taking place most of the time—sufficient to set off the trending hashtag #TikTokMadeMeBuyIt. 67% of TikTokers stated the app influenced them to buy.
- Construct Connections: TikTokers interact with manufacturers on the platform to see them in a special gentle, and it normally finally ends up constructing deeper relationships. 73% of TikTok customers really feel stronger connections with manufacturers they comply with on the platform.
Constructing model consciousness, engagement, and gross sales—feels like good causes to affix TikTok, proper? Nonetheless, these are issues you are able to do on nearly any social media platform.
If you use TikTok, you’re going after a goal demographic, and that demographic isn’t child boomers. 25% of energetic TikTok customers are between 10 and 19, whereas near 70% are 39 and youthful. In case your model’s goal market is youngsters and younger adults, TikTok is the place to search out them.
Easy methods to Make a TikTok Enterprise Account
Prepared to affix the hip, stylish lots on TikTok? Put in your dancing sneakers, brush up in your lip-syncing, and prepare for a wild journey—that is uncharted territory.
First, let’s get you arrange with a TikTok enterprise account.
- Obtain TikTok: Head over to the Apple App Retailer or Android’s Google Play to search out TikTok. Obtain it.
- Signal Up: Create an account. You are able to do this along with your telephone quantity, e-mail deal with, Fb, Apple, Google, or Twitter. Observe the prompts.
- Change to Enterprise Account: By default, you’ll now have a private account. You might want to convert it to a enterprise account to unlock efficiency metrics, viewers insights, and artistic instruments. Observe these steps to make it occur:
- Click on “Profile” on the underside menu bar.
- Click on the hamburger menu within the high proper nook.
- Choose “Handle account.”
- Select “Change to Enterprise Account.”
- Observe the setup prompts.
And that’s that. You now have a TikTok enterprise account. Subsequent, you’ll wish to add your profile picture, bio, and hyperlinks. After that, you’re prepared to start out partaking on the platform and constructing a following.
Easy methods to Use TikTok for Your Enterprise: 5 Concepts
You’ve got a TikTok enterprise account—now what? It’s time to start out creating content material, partaking with the group, and constructing your following. When you’ve bought a basis, you’ll be able to start to make cash with TikTok Procuring, influencer advertising, TikTok ads, and the like.
Listed here are a number of methods you need to use TikTok for what you are promoting.
1. Create High quality (Non-Salesy) Content material
Keep in mind, TikTokers don’t go to the platform to buy round—they wish to be entertained. Soar in with a business method, and also you’ll be shunned from the get-go.
If you happen to’ve ever tried becoming a member of Reddit and self-promoting your content material, you’ll know what we imply.
Your formulation for achievement on Instagram, Fb, or YouTube received’t work right here—TikTok is a brand-new world. It has its personal finest practices, unstated guidelines, algorithms, influencers, and advertising methods.
As a substitute of making an attempt to examine it, simply dive in—that’s one of the simplest ways to know the platform. Begin following high creators to see what they’re doing. What sorts of movies do they publish? How do they work together with the group? How can your model present up on the platform whereas nonetheless remaining true to itself?
After you have an concept of the place to start out, start publishing content material and rising your following. Watch your analytics to see what resonates and what doesn’t.
Discover a cadence and start posting on a constant schedule. TikTok recommends posting 1-4 occasions a day, however that may be a bit of bit overwhelming at first. As a substitute, begin gradual and work your means up.
Start by posting as soon as per week. If you happen to’re feeling extra formidable, strive twice per week. If you happen to can constantly produce top-notch movies on that schedule, strive posting as soon as per day. Nonetheless really feel simple? Transfer on to twice per day.
Keep in mind, it’s all about consistency. Discover a frequency that feels manageable (and enjoyable).
2. Make Cash with TikTok Procuring
Earlier than August 2021, TikTok impressed buying organically. That means an influencer or model may point out an merchandise, and viewers would manually sort in that website’s deal with on their desktop or telephone to browse merchandise.
All that modified final yr when TikTok and Shopify introduced TikTok Procuring: an in-app ecommerce buying expertise that lets manufacturers promote merchandise on TikTok.
Manufacturers can now add merchandise from their Shopify catalogs to function on a buying tab on their profile. TikTokers may tag merchandise in natural posts.
Don’t fear about your TikTok Store till you might have an honest following and common views in your content material. Construct first—promote later. Observe this sample to earn TikTok customers’ belief earlier than you begin making an attempt to shove merchandise of their faces.
When you’ve constructed a strong viewers, add merchandise to your TikTok Store and begin sprinkling in promotions to your natural content material. Hold it gentle, particularly firstly.
Some merchandise promote effectively on TikTok, particularly extra visually interesting items like attire and equipment. Promoting a toaster may be more difficult, and also you may discover TikTok to be a greater model builder than income maker—and that’s simply fantastic. You’ll by no means know till you strive.
3. Drive Site visitors with TikTok Advertisements
TikTok is an ad-friendly platform that you need to use to drive visitors to your web site, ecommerce retailer, or touchdown web page. TikTok gives a number of completely different promoting varieties to assist attain your viewers with probably the most call-to-action-friendly format:
- Picture Advertisements: Picture advertisements run in customers’ feeds with a picture, model title, and brief textual content.
- Video Advertisements: 5-60-second full-screen movies displayed in your customers’ feeds.
- Spark Advertisements: Increase natural content material (yours or one other model’s) to get proven to extra customers.
- TikTok Promote: TikTok Promote is just like Spark Advertisements, however you’ll be able to solely promote your individual content material. It’s a dumbed-down model that makes it quicker and less complicated to start out selling your content material.
- Carousel Advertisements: Carousel advertisements present up within the TikTok Information Feed, displaying as much as 10 photographs with brief captions.
- Pangle Advertisements: Run advertisements throughout the TikTok Viewers Community, that means your advertisements will present up on different purposes exterior of TikTok.
- TopView Advertisements: Fullscreen takeover that launches for 5-60 seconds when a consumer opens the TikTok app.
- Branded Results: Customized stickers, filters, and particular results to get customers to have interaction along with your model.
- Branded Hashtag Problem: Quick marketing campaign to gather user-generated content material that includes a branded hashtag problem web page.
Inside TikTok’s advert supervisor, you’ll be capable of select your marketing campaign objective, funds, viewers, bidding technique, and artistic optimizations. You’ll be able to management each nitty-gritty facet of your advert campaigns to make sure high efficiency.
Don’t wish to fear about selecting between all of the completely different advert codecs above? No downside. TikTok gives an automated placement possibility that’ll enable TikTok to routinely optimize your advertisements supply to the best-performing varieties.
4. Work with TikTok Influencers to Develop Your Model
Influencers have large audiences and the know-how to make content material go viral. Associate with these professionals to leverage their followers and artistic talents to construct consciousness on your model and develop your following.
Don’t know the place to start out? Go to the TikTok Creator Market—it’ll enable you to discover influencers and micro-influencers to work with. You’ll be capable of see engagement charges and follower demographics to see if an influencer is the fitting match on your model.
If you happen to can’t afford an influencer, take into account working with a microinfluencer. These people typically have smaller audiences however extra close-knit communities. Their attain isn’t as spectacular, however their engagement and affect with their following are normally substantial.
5. Strengthen Buyer Relationships with Engagement
Whereas it’d be good for TikTok to be a money-maker or traffic-driver for what you are promoting, it might probably serve different functions. You can use TikTok merely as a model group builder.
You can deal with posting superior content material and interact with the group—no hidden gross sales agenda.
So, what’s the purpose?
Use TikTok to develop your viewers and your relationship with followers. When a consumer acknowledges your model on Instagram or YouTube, they’ll hopefully comply with you there—and you need to use these extra sales-friendly platforms to advertise your services and products.
Keep in mind: construct first, promote later.
Shifting your focus from advertising and gross sales frees you as much as be extra artistic along with your content material. Sing, dance, snicker, and have enjoyable. It’ll assist you might have time on the platform and make you extra approachable to your viewers.
Take Wendy’s Twitter account, for instance.
How does roasting different manufacturers and even shoppers assist Wendy’s promote burgers? It makes individuals just like the model—and that makes them extra possible to purchase from Wendy’s.
Spherical Out Your Entrepreneurial Abilities
Entrepreneurs don’t typically have the posh of simply being good at one factor. No, that’s for the company careers.
As an entrepreneur, it is advisable know the fundamentals of writing, digital advertising, analysis, financing, product improvement, gross sales, hiring, and a lot extra. It’s so much.
Fortuitously, you don’t have to be taught all of it in a single day—and also you don’t have to be taught it by your self. Allow us to assist.
Try our library of free programs to be taught all the pieces it is advisable know to start out or develop what you are promoting. We’ve programs on Instagram progress techniques, Fb advertisements, copywriting, product improvement, and extra.
Join a course now and begin rounding out your entrepreneurial expertise.